Today is May 1st. The start of a fresh month, my favorite month, my BIRTHDAY month! As I near the end of my 22nd year, I’m starting to feel that “I don’t want to get any older” feeling. (sigh)
For the month of May, I will be following a 30 day fitness challenge. I will not be featuring the challenge on the main blog because fitness is not the focus of my blog. However, I will be updating the fitness page on a daily basis throughout the month of May. If you want to join me, hop on over to the that page. It will be a lot of fun!!
You might be wondering why I’m sharing a chocolate recipe with you if I’m doing a special fitness program. Doesn’t fitness = no junk food? Well, I would say it means mostly no junk food (80/20 rule anyone?). I would also argue that this chocolate recipe is not junk food. And third, I would say that balance is necessary to make a lifestyle sustainable (deprivation, in my experience, leads to binging).
Adapted from Three-Ingredient Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 packets Truvia
- 4-5 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Mix)
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa and Truvia
- Add the coconut oil (taste to see if it is sweet enough for you. If not, add more Truvia)
- Add non-dairy milk as necessary to make a paste
- Transfer to a large rectangular glass or plastic contained lined with saran wrap
- Freeze for about 1-2 hours
- Pound with a mallet to make shards (or, if you’re me, punch down on it with your fist)
- Store in the freezer in a Ziploc bag
For more Dairy Free Chick: