My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and (per my normal requests) I received some cool new kitchen tools. One of them was a julienne peeler because I wanted to be able to make vegetable noodles. I got the Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler and I absolutely love it! I’ve used it to noodle-ize zucchini, cucumbers, and sweet potatoes. It makes the most perfect threads of veggies— really the perfect substitute for pasta. Here’s a fun tutorial of how to make zucchini noodles using my new toy.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini
- Use the Julienne Peeler to make noodles
- Submerge in boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- Cold shock in a bowl of ice water
- Drain and serve with homemade marinara sauce (recipe to be posted!)